Monday, October 20, 2008

Story Treatment

Task: Taking the dog out

The setting of my video will begin upstairs in the house, then down the stairs, in the kitchen, out in the backyard and then in the car. The main character will be my husband with appearances by my son and dog.

My husband will be rushing to leave for work but needs to take the dog out. Trying to get organized to leave he is unable to find his wallet. While searching for it, he is bothered by the dog wanting to go out. He takes the dog out and waits for the dog to finish his business, only to find that his wallet is among the gift left in the lawn. He grabs the wallet, checks it out, puts it in his pocket, sends the dog back in the house and gets in the car to leave.

1 comment:

Ravi said...

You are bravely embracing two big challenges of film-making: working with children and working with animals!

You might want to stream line the narrative a bit... and I wasn't clear as to how the wallet ended up in the dog's "lawn offering", so you want to make sure that part makes sense. I think these things will get resolved as you script and storyboard.