Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Field Trip: Adel Abdessemed

The piece that stayed with me the most was the video of the fall from the sky.  I love the idea of throwing or dropping a camera and letting it capture whatever it will without controlling it.  

I also liked the cat eating the rat.  It made me think that the action captured (and actions much more disturbing) happen all the time and that I should watch it.  Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.  

Another thing I thought about was the different timing of the videos and sound in the room and how that timing depends on the order in which the videos are turned on.  

1 comment:

Ravi said...

Is that timing of videos something that could/should be controlled? Or is there something appealing about the randomness of the timing?