Thursday, December 11, 2008

Aqua

My original idea for this short was to summarize my trip to Baltimore and Washington DC by making a video montage consisting of different short video clips and photographs that I took during Thanksgiving break. Because a majority of my clips were taken at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, I decided to stick with just the aquarium. However, because I enjoy nature and animals I wanted the video to focus more on the fish and sea creatures, and the mood of the deep-sea environment. I didnt want the focus to be on the aquarium itself. I wanted to give it desolate, lonely and somewhat eerie feel. After finding adequate ambient music I then synched the video clips to the songs. The main difficulty was that in all of my clips there were children running by and reflections of people and camera flashes. Also, because it was very crowded and I was using a still camera to take short clips, I had some difficulties taking quality shots and keeping the camera still. I made some compromises and left in a few shots with obvious reflections, flashes, people or shakiness because I liked the piece overall, and frankly I did not have very many clips to choose from when creating the final edit. Music by Ecko.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Nice video! The music goes along very well with this

Isy said...

Nice work...looks like one of those deep sea documentaries.