Thursday, December 11, 2008

Artist's Statement-Annie DeVane

HAND DRAWING

I thrive on circumstance and beauty. My first love will always be hand-drawing. Ink, pencil, marker and pens of any sort are my preferred tools and I'm striving to translate my skills on paper into meaningful digital projects. I see movement in every drawing I do and am frustrated when they don't immediately animate themselves. All still drawings have movement when I look at them.

In this particular piece, I'm combining the hand drawing of a still image with stop-motion frames that animate the process. As an added bonus, I used a clip from my father's composition "If It Itches" off of his album Strutting the Dog. My father always entertained my fanciful drawings and songs, so his presence here carries on that tradition of playfulness.

No comments: