Thursday, December 11, 2008















Artist Statement


Most of my work exhibits layout, color, and design. Throughout college my art work leaned towards painting or drawing people and still lifes. Color and contrasts of lights to darks have always fascinated me. My work captures things in my surroundings.

For the final project in this class I chose to revisit my composition of Transformation. The definition of Transformation is, "A marked change, as in appearance or character, usually for the better." I have always been on the print end in the art world. I feel my life is in transformation. I am now going back to school to learn the digital end too move forward and change some direction in my life.

I have read how artist's should write their statements by analyzing all of their work and then talk about what inspires them. Since I am in this "time of change" I felt this piece symbolically shows my life now.

No comments: