Thursday, December 11, 2008

Music and Sound



Artist Statement:

From the good to the great movies, I've often realized that the feature which enhances a movie (or sometimes provides its sole redeeming quality) is usually the music and sound. Images and sound are the primary contents of a movie and while images can deliver a message on their own, for me music can be just as powerful. It can enhance or detract from the scene it is linked to. Sometimes even music that is in discord with its accompanying image can bring forth a desired reaction (such as a feeling of unrest or agitation).
I wish to expand on my knowledge of composition and matching scenes to sound and interesting music. I listen to all kinds of music and I have as much love for the classic pieces as I do the modern tracks (there's nothing wrong with appreciating both Lil' Wayne and Chopin).

No comments: