Thursday, December 11, 2008

Toothpicks with Artist Statement

We eat toothpicks when there's nothing else




I initially had not intended to continue the zombie theme. I had shot footage of my parents home, my father, and a cat. I was going to juxtapose the comfortable situation I had as a child, with the situation i am in now; a little broke and in school. It was highly exaggerated, I don't eat toothpicks obviously, but I have always been afraid I won't have any money when I need it. The scene with the three poor men is also my hyperbolic take on the current economic recession. We don't eat a lot of filet mignon in my house.


3 comments:

chunkstyle said...

love this! great scream. there should be a class on horror.

Christine said...

great film. I love the font you used for the text. I definitely jumped at the end!

Isy said...

toothpicks...i'd never have imagined it...lol, what will you think up next?